Phase 3 emphasizes the writing and citation process of a research project including a module on avoiding plagiarism:
- How do I write a thesis statement?
- How do I organize my argument?
- How do I avoid plagiarism and find my own voice?
- What do I look for when I revise?
Students will -
- Know how to create a main claim, or thesis, that is debatable and provable.
- Understand how to narrow their thesis statement so that it's hard to refute.
- Know how to acknowledge and address counterarguments in their thesis statement.
- Understand how to use their thesis statement to forecast their argument's organization.